Work With Us
Please see current available employment opportunities at MDSI below.
Macarthur Diversity Services Initiative (MDSI) is a not-for-profit charity that offers practical help and support services to the disadvantaged and marginalised. MDSI seeks to ensure that our organisation and our services are relevant and accessible. Based on an integrated service delivery system MDSI’s programs are specifically tailored through five broad service areas: children, youth, family, aged and disability.
MDSI is managed by an elected Board of Directors.
ABOUT THE ROLE
MDSI is a small but rapidly growing not-for-profit organisation. The Human Resources Officer is a new role created to meet the needs of its rapidly growing workforce. We were recently re-accredited under ISO 9001:2016, and are preparing for accreditation with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. The Human Resources Officer will play an integral role in ensuring MDSI is compliant with these obligations and to our other regulators. This is your opportunity to build an HR system which is truly fit for purpose. We are looking for someone who can think creatively and translate that thinking into elegant and workable processes.
1. Recruitment and Induction: Take a lead role in end-to-end staff recruitment, including role design, position description development, remuneration benchmarking, preparation of employment contracts, induction and documentation.
2. Management of Human Resources Enquiries: Respond to all internal and external Human Resources enquiries. Actively participate in staff management and development in collaboration with Service Managers, Team Leaders, Finance Manager and Bookkeeper.
3. Employee Performance and Engagement: Lead the development of performance and remuneration review processes. Develop an employee recognition and reward program which inspire high levels of performance, engagement and compliance.
4. Quality Management: Support MDSI’s quality management system by developing, reviewing and implementing HR policies and procedures which meet legislative, licensing and registration requirements.
5. Compliance, Reporting and Records Management: Ensure that all employees, and volunteers are at all times compliant with legislative requirements and best practice including Working with Children Checks, National Criminal History Checks, mandatory qualifications and training in new legislative requirements, including those being rolled out by the National Disability Insurance Scheme Quality and Safeguards Commission. Provide the CEO and Management Team with HR reporting and analysis of HR risk, compliance and performance. Maintain accurate employee records of contracts, industrial issues, training and performance.
6. Training and Development: Support an environment of continuous learning and development by assisting managers and staff to identify individual, organisational and mandatory training needs and identifying opportunities for career development and succession.
7. HR Strategy and Culture Development: Develop and implement an HR strategy which supports MDSI’s vision, culture and performance expectations. Contribute to the development of a culture within MDSI which supports its strategic objectives.
8. Work Health, Safety and Environment (WHSE): Lead the development of a WHSE Framework to ensure all reasonable, practical measures are taken to ensure the health and safety of employees, clients, contractors, volunteers and others in the workplace. Lead the development and implementation of policies and procedures to reduce MDSI’s carbon footprint, waste and environmental impact.
9. Industrial Relations: Contribute to industrial risk management by conducting research and providing advice to managers on complex HR issues, IR law, policy and performance. Mitigate and manage employee complaints and grievances.
1. Formal tertiary qualification in Human Resource Management or other relevant discipline and at least two years’ experience in a comprehensive or senior human resource role.
2. Experience in developing and reviewing position descriptions, leading end-to-end recruitment, induction and on-boarding processes, developing and maintaining workforce development and work health, safety and environment (HSE) plans.
3. Highly collaborative and effective interpersonal skills and practices.
4. Proven experience in the management of employee complaints, grievances and return to work programs.
5. Successful experience in the delivery and evaluation of training.
6. Experience in the development of policies and procedures.
7. Self-motivated, with excellent time management, problem solving, communication and reporting skills.
8. Ability to promote a culture of continuous improvement.
9. The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
10. Understanding of and commitment to equal opportunity, diversity and social justice.
11. Certificate IV in Workplace Health and Safety and significant experience with responsibility for Workplace Health and Safety.
12. Demonstrated understanding of how to lead an organisation to reduce its carbon footprint, waste and environmental impact.
13. Demonstrated high-level ability using Microsoft Office.
1. Experience in Community Services, Aged Care Services, Disability Services or Community Engagement.
1. All candidates must be willing to undertake and pass a National Criminal History check as part of the recruitment process.
2. An awareness and commitment to ensuring a safe work environment for self, staff and stakeholders.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please email the following:
- A cover letter outlining your ability to meet all of the selection criteria; and
- Your current resume, including two referees, one of which should be your current or most recent supervisor.
Macarthur Diversity Services Initiative Ltd. (MDSI) is a not-for-profit charity based in Campbelltown, NSW that offers practical help and support services to people who are disadvantaged and marginalised. MDSI seeks to ensure that our organisation and our services are relevant and accessible. Based on an integrated service delivery system, MDSI’s programs are specifically tailored through five broad service areas: children, youth, family, aged and disability.
MDSI is currently seeking Expressions of Interest for potential Board members to fill three vacant positions on the MDSI Board and/or on Board Committees, including a Finance and Audit Committee and Marketing Committee. These positions would be filled on a voluntary basis for up to a three year term.
Directors would be expected to actively participate in bi-monthly Board meetings, an annual Strategy Workshop, as well as contributing to a Committee or additional work within the scope of the role of the Board and suiting the Board member’s expertise.
The MDSI Board provides governance and strategic direction for the operation of the organisation on behalf of members under the requirements and provisions of the Corporations Act (2001) and the Company’s Constitution.
The Board has particular focus on legal compliance; policy and planning; financial oversight; and CEO management. MDSI is currently seeking a greater emphasis on candidates with skills and experience in financial management; commercial acumen and business development in the current vacant positions.
Board members are expected to possess:
- An understanding of the role as well as the legal, ethical and financial responsibilities of the Board;
- The ability to review the strategy through constructive questioning and suggestions and contribute to the effective decision making of the Board;
- The ability to read and comprehend accounts, financial material presented to the Board, financial reporting requirements and some understanding of corporate finance;
- Experience in managing areas of major risk to the organisation;
- Broad knowledge of Federal and State legislative requirements and how this relates to a not for profit business.
Macarthur Diversity Services Initiative Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to replicate this on its Board.
Prior to appointment, mandatory Police checks are required to be undertaken.
How to Apply
A Board of Directors Expression of Interest Pack and Application Form are available for download.
Alternatively, please contact MDSI on (02) 4627 1188 and ask for an application package to be sent to you. You can also email us at AngelaLonergan@mdsi.org.au
Macarthur Diversity Services Initiative (MDSI) is a not-for-profit charity that offers practical help and support services to people who people who are disadvantaged and marginalised. MDSI seeks to ensure that our organisation and our services are relevant and accessible. Based on an integrated service delivery system MDSI’s programs are specifically tailored through five broad service areas: children, youth, family, aged and disability.
MDSI Disability Services is recruiting Disability Support Workers for its NDIS disability services in community access, in-home supports and Short Term Accommodation services. You will be involved in a growing quality service that provides NDIS support services to people with a disability in the Macarthur and South West Sydney region.
We are seeking experienced disability support workers who have qualifications in disability services and/or experience as a Carer of a person with a disability.
Please note: Our Disability Services are delivered on a 24/7 roster model which includes sleepovers, weekend and public holiday shift. These positions are for Casual on-call appointments to provide in-home domestic assistance, personal care and supporting community access or in a short term accommodation setting.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record and Working with Children Check.
MDSI is looking for people who are passionate about delivering person centred services; who are open to new ways of thinking; who value genuine, long-lasting relationships; and who are flexible, courageous, and believe in opportunity for all.
You will have opportunities to learn and evolve as part of a growing and vibrant organisation.
- Experience working with complex and challenging behaviours including restrictive practice participants.
- Certificate III in Community Welfare, or similar, or willingness to complete this within first 2 years of employment.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate.
- Current unrestricted Driver Licence and access to a reliable fully insured vehicle.
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with a disability.
- The ability to develop a positive relationships with service participants and to support their Individual Personal Goals.
- Good communication skills, including ability to build rapport, effective listening and empathy.
- The ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Demonstrated reliability, flexibility and a positive attitude.
- Understanding and commitment to the importance of multicultural in the context of our Australian society.
- Bicultural background and fluency in a language other than English.
How to Apply
Please download an application package.
Alternatively, please contact MDSI on (02) 4627 1188 and ask for an application package to be sent out to you. You can also email us at email@example.com
You must also attach a cover letter and respond to each point in the selection criteria.