Work With Us
Please see current available employment opportunities at MDSI below.
Macarthur Diversity Services Initiative (MDSI) is a not-for-profit charity that offers practical help and support services to people who people who are disadvantaged and marginalised. MDSI seeks to ensure that our organisation and our services are relevant and accessible. Based on an integrated service delivery system MDSI’s programs are specifically tailored through five broad service areas: children, youth, family, aged and disability.
MDSI Disability Services is recruiting Disability Support Workers for its NDIS disability services in community access, in-home supports and Short Term Accommodation services. You will be involved in a growing quality service that provides NDIS support services to people with a disability in the Macarthur and South West Sydney region.
We are seeking experienced disability support workers who have qualifications in disability services and/or experience as a Carer of a person with a disability.
Please note: Our Disability Services are delivered on a 24/7 roster model which includes sleepovers, weekend and public holiday shift. These positions are for Casual on-call appointments to provide in-home domestic assistance, personal care and supporting community access or in a short term accommodation setting.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record and Working with Children Check.
MDSI is looking for people who are passionate about delivering person centred services; who are open to new ways of thinking; who value genuine, long-lasting relationships; and who are flexible, courageous, and believe in opportunity for all.
You will have opportunities to learn and evolve as part of a growing and vibrant organisation.
- Certificate III in Community Welfare, or similar, or willingness to complete this within first 2 years of employment.
- Minimum 12 months recent experience in Disability Support Worker role or being a Carer of a person with a disability.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate.
- Current unrestricted Driver Licence and access to a reliable fully insured vehicle.
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with a disability.
- The ability to develop a positive relationships with service participants and to support their Individual Personal Goals.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including ability to build rapport, effective listening and empathy.
- The ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Demonstrated reliability, flexibility and a positive attitude.
- Understanding and commitment to the importance of multiculturalism in the context of our Australian society.
- Experience working with complex and challenging behaviours including restrictive practice participants.
- Bicultural background and fluency in a language other than English.
- LR desirable or willing to obtain.
How to Apply
Please download an application package.
Alternatively, please contact MDIS on (02) 4627 1188 and ask for an application package to be sent out to you. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You must also attach a cover letter and respond to each point in the selection criteria.
Applications Close: 26th January 2018