The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
As the NDSI rolls out across Australia it is important to understand what this can mean for you and your family. If you or a family member is living with a disability and would like to bring a positive change to your daily routine, the NDIS customises support plans around you and your life goals to ensure these are met in the best possible way.
What is the NDIS?
The NDIS aims to provide quality and personalised support to those living with a permanent disability. The NDIS provides support and other professional assistance through a range of providers, such as MDSI, to people with a disability who have met the criteria for individual funding.
Check out the video below to find out more about the NDIS.
Why choose MDSI?
MDSI offers a personalised services based on your goals and aspirations. Our support staff comprised of passionate and professional bilingual support workers to provide you with the best support available. MDSI can match you to a bilingual support worker who can assist you to achieve greater independance and community involvement.
How do I enquire/apply for personalised care from MDSI?
Simply call (02) 4627 1188 to discuss your individual circumstances and needs and begin your journey towards a brighter future.
WHAT MDSI OFFERS
COORDINATION OF SUPPORTS
Our Coordination of Support staff support all people living with a disability, as well as their families and carers.
MDSI Support Coordination provides information, advice and support to implement and get the most out of your NDIS plan.
We focus on:
- Ensuring you have full choice and control
- Providing information about all of the available options, and assist you to feel more connected, confident and resilient
- Building your confidence and skills to be in control of your selected supports
- Assisting you to find supports in the local community to meet your individual goals and needs
- Monitoring your progress, resolve issues as they arise, and deal with all service providers
MDSI provides support and services aimed at increasing our participants independence, so they can reach their goals outlined in their NDIS plan.
We also support carers or family members, who from time to time need some time out for themselves.
MDSI provides a number of support assistance in participants homes or in the community, such as:
- Domestic assistance
- Self-care assistance
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
- Travel/Transportation, including appointments, or other recreational activities
- Social interaction and engagement in local community events
- Supporting independent living
- Supporting wider communication with family, friends and community
- Respite care