The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
As the NDSI rolls out across Australia it is important to understand what this can mean for you and your family. If you or a family member is living with a disability and would like to bring a positive change to your daily routine, the NDIS customises support plans around you and your life goals to ensure these are met in the best possible way.
What is the NDIS?
The NDIS aims to provide quality and personalised support to those living with a permanent disability. The NDIS provides support and other professional assistance through a range of providers, such as MDSI, to people with a disability who have met the criteria for individual funding.
Check out the video below to find out more about the NDIS.
Why choose MDSI?
MDSI offers a personalised services based on your goals and aspirations. Our support staff comprised of passionate and professional bilingual support workers to provide you with the best support available. MDSI can match you to a bilingual support worker who can assist you to achieve greater independance and community involvement.
How do I enquire/apply for personalised care from MDSI?
Simply call (02) 4627 1188 to discuss your individual circumstances and needs and begin your journey towards a brighter future.
WHAT MDSI OFFERS
COORDINATION OF SUPPORTS
Our Coordination of Support staff support all people living with a disability, as well as their families and carers.
MDSI Support Coordination provides information, advice and support to implement and get the most out of your NDIS plan.
We focus on:
- Ensuring you have full choice and control
- Providing information about all of the available options, and assist you to feel more connected, confident and resilient
- Building your confidence and skills to be in control of your selected supports
- Assisting you to find supports in the local community to meet your individual goals and needs
- Monitoring your progress, resolve issues as they arise, and deal with all service providers
individual Service Delivery
Individual Service Delivery is one on one support service individually tailored to your needs. These services are provided through your NDIS plan, or on a fee for service basis.
MDSI provides both in home support and/or supports you to access activities in the community. Our Individual Service Coordinator will work with you to look into activities of your choice.
Support may include but is not limited to:
- Social support groups including community events, and sport.
- Assistance to attend recreational activities such as: concerts, shopping, movies, or the gym.
- In-home support such as: personal care and domestic assistance.
- Support to attend appointments such as massage therapy and other remedial health services.
Individual Service will be delivered by our experienced and dedicated support workers who are passionate about quality service delivery.
MDSI can help with the financial side of your plan by:
- Processing your claims and paying invoices promptly
- Providing monthly statements
- Keeping track of your remaining funds
SHORT TERM ACCOMODATION (OVERNIGHT RESPITE)
MDSI is a registered NDIS provider of Short Term Accommodation (overnight respite). We provide quality short breaks for people with a disability 18 years and over, who have an NDIS Plan with funding for Short Term Accommodation. The service is also accessible on a fee for service basis to people without an NDIS plan.
Our Short Term Accommodation service is focused on providing an enjoyable stay in a safe and supported environment.
- Primrose Cottage, is located centrally to Campbelltown’s CBD at 125 Dumaresq Street.
- MDSI has friendly, experienced and trained staff who are committed to providing person centred and quality support.
- Primrose Cottage has 4 bedrooms, is wheelchair accessible, it has a large backyard with a BBQ area and an activities room.