Volunteer With Us
MDSI supports volunteering as an integral part of Australian society. By becoming a volunteer at MDSI you have an opportunity to contribute to the unique efforts of MDSI in the local community, especially to the culturally and linguistically diverse communities throughout the Macarthur region.
What our volunteers do
MDSI volunteers help in a variety of programs. People receiving volunteer support have different needs, some require social assistance and others practical assistance, some are from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, some are refugees and others are struggling with family, educational or health problems. Our volunteer roles include:
- Helping with group activities
- Helping children in playgroups
- Cafe assistants for our social enterprise cafe - Cafe Kulcha
- Assisting frail aged people with shopping or home visits
- Tutoring young people
- Teaching English
- Gardening and maintenance
- Providing clerical assistance
- Assisting participants at our Men's Shed
- Drivers for our community buses
Are you ready to volunteer?
To find out more about volunteering with MDSI call our Volunteer Coordinator, Lisa Harrison or Marcela Fernandez on 4627 1188.