The Board of Directors invite you to attend MDSI's AGM
- Welcome to Country by Jodi-Lee Charnock
- Entertainment by the Chinese Social Support Singers
- Welcome by President Claudia Perry-Beltrame
- Special presentations
- Acceptance of minutes from previous AGM
- Business arising from previous minutes
- Finance Report
- CEO Report
- Appointment of Directors
- Nomination of 2018 financial auditors
- Entertainment by Lucky Lartey, Director of Lucky African Dance
PLEASE RSVP BY FRIDAY, 17/11/2017
Meet & Greet Evening
Come and meet your neighbours, friends and enjoy a light supper.
Win a lucky door prize!
now available at MDSI
Get your weekly groceries from The Staples Bag pop up shop.
EVERY SECOND WEDNESDAY
Save up to 70% of the retail price off a huge range of pantry staples.
The Staples Bag includes bread, milk, cereal, free range eggs, fruit & vegetables, meat, seafood and a wide range of pantry and household items.
The Staples Bag is a social enterprise initiative of Settlement Services International (SSI). Shopping with us not only gets you heavily discounted groceries but also provides opportunities for jobseekers who get valuable work experience in the warehousing, merchandising, packaging and marketing of The Staples Bag. Visit www.thestaplesbag.org.au
Multicultural communities getting NDIS-ready
REGIONAL ROUND TABLE DISCUSSIONS
Settlement Services International through the FutureAbility Project in partnership with Macarthur Diversity Services Initiative are at bringing together local people with disability from Cultural and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds, CALD organisations and leaders, as well as representatives of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), Local Area Coordinators (LACs) and disability services’ providers to identify issues and solutions to improve access to the NDIS for people with disability from CALD backgrounds.
The aims of these regional discussions are to:
- Help increase access to the NDIS for people from CALD backgrounds.
- Increase the knowledge of LACs, NDIA and disability service providers of the issues impacting on people with disability from CALD backgrounds relating to the NDIS.
- Inform people with disability from CALD backgrounds about the NDIS, LACs and disability services’ providers and, how to access them.
- Develop local recommendations to be presented to the NDIA to help improve the NDIS experience for people with disability from CALD backgrounds.
End of Year Celebration
Last event of the year!
Come down and celebrate the holiday season with your neighbours.