Work With Us
Please see current available employment opportunities at MDSI below.
FT - 38 hours per week & PT - 15.2 hours per week
We currently have an exciting opportunity for two experienced and organised Support Coordinators to hit the ground running and join our growing team on a full-time and part-time basis.
- Full-time and Part-time opportunities available
- Very generous salary packaging entitlements
- Based in Campbelltown
Macarthur Diversity Services Initiative (MDSI) is a not-for-profit charity that offers practical help and support services to the disadvantaged and marginalised. MDSI seeks to ensure that our organisation and our services are relevant and accessible. Based on an integrated service delivery system MDSI’s programs are specifically tailored through five broad service areas: children, youth, family, aged and disability.
About the Role:
As an NDIS Support Coordinator you will engage with, and provide high quality support, for people, living with a disability. You will provide Person Centred research, planning and navigation of processes required to enable our participants to achieve their goals, and more.
Using your initiative with the intake and referral process for participants’ eligible for the NDIS, you will plan and structure supports, enabling our participants to build capacity, engage in the community, and be supported in day to day activities. This will include you advising and linking participants with services and support with local communities, build skills, overcome obstacles and access mainstream services.
The successful applicant will have great time management skills, and be creative when solving problems unsupervised.
This role operates on a billable hours framework, and as such, you will need to ensure strict compliance with your reporting and auditing requirements. You will analyse and respond to bookings and referrals coming through, to ensure they are accurate and safe.
You will ensure that Support Coordination is completed as per agreed documentation, and that claims for payment are lodged in a timely manner. This role takes responsibility for ensuring our participants plans are implemented and managed.
- Demonstrated experience working in a Support Coordination role.
- Understanding of the NDIS and ability to support participants to navigate the service system.
- Tertiary qualification or Certificate IV in a relevant field, i.e. Case Management, Social Work, Community Services, Mental Health, Disability, etc.
- A high level communication, administrative, organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to engage, liaise, negotiate and work collaboratively with a range of internal and external services and stakeholders.
- Current drivers licence and Working with Children Check.
How to Apply
To apply email your covering letter answering all of the selection criteria with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that only applications addressing the Selection Criteria will be considered.
Applications Close: 17th May 2019
Macarthur Diversity Services Initiative (MDSI) is a not-for-profit charity that offers practical help and support services to people who people who are disadvantaged and marginalised. MDSI seeks to ensure that our organisation and our services are relevant and accessible. Based on an integrated service delivery system MDSI’s programs are specifically tailored through five broad service areas: children, youth, family, aged and disability.
MDSI Disability Services is recruiting Disability Support Workers for its NDIS disability services in community access, in-home supports and Short Term Accommodation services. You will be involved in a growing quality service that provides NDIS support services to people with a disability in the Macarthur and South West Sydney region.
We are seeking experienced disability support workers who have qualifications in disability services and/or experience as a Carer of a person with a disability.
Please note: Our Disability Services are delivered on a 24/7 roster model which includes sleepovers, weekend and public holiday shift. These positions are for Casual on-call appointments to provide in-home domestic assistance, personal care and supporting community access or in a short term accommodation setting.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record and Working with Children Check.
MDSI is looking for people who are passionate about delivering person centred services; who are open to new ways of thinking; who value genuine, long-lasting relationships; and who are flexible, courageous, and believe in opportunity for all.
You will have opportunities to learn and evolve as part of a growing and vibrant organisation.
- Experience working with complex and challenging behaviours including restrictive practice participants.
- Certificate III in Community Welfare, or similar, or willingness to complete this within first 2 years of employment.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate.
- Current unrestricted Driver Licence and access to a reliable fully insured vehicle.
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with a disability.
- The ability to develop a positive relationships with service participants and to support their Individual Personal Goals.
- Good communication skills, including ability to build rapport, effective listening and empathy.
- The ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Demonstrated reliability, flexibility and a positive attitude.
- Understanding and commitment to the importance of multicultural in the context of our Australian society.
- Bicultural background and fluency in a language other than English.
How to Apply
Please download an application package.
Alternatively, please contact MDSI on (02) 4627 1188 and ask for an application package to be sent out to you. You can also email us at email@example.com
You must also attach a cover letter and respond to each point in the selection criteria.
Macarthur Diversity Services Initiative Ltd. (MDSI) is a not-for-profit charity based in Campbelltown, NSW that offers practical help and support services to people who are disadvantaged and marginalised. MDSI seeks to ensure that our organisation and our services are relevant and accessible. Based on an integrated service delivery system, MDSI’s programs are specifically tailored through five broad service areas: children, youth, family, aged and disability.
MDSI is currently seeking Expressions of Interest for potential Board members to fill three vacant positions on the MDSI Board and/or on Board Committees, including a Finance and Audit Committee and Marketing Committee. These positions would be filled on a voluntary basis for up to a three year term.
Directors would be expected to actively participate in bi-monthly Board meetings, an annual Strategy Workshop, as well as contributing to a Committee or additional work within the scope of the role of the Board and suiting the Board member’s expertise.
The MDSI Board provides governance and strategic direction for the operation of the organisation on behalf of members under the requirements and provisions of the Corporations Act (2001) and the Company’s Constitution.
The Board has particular focus on legal compliance; policy and planning; financial oversight; and CEO management. MDSI is currently seeking a greater emphasis on candidates with skills and experience in financial management; commercial acumen and business development in the current vacant positions.
Board members are expected to possess:
- An understanding of the role as well as the legal, ethical and financial responsibilities of the Board;
- The ability to review the strategy through constructive questioning and suggestions and contribute to the effective decision making of the Board;
- The ability to read and comprehend accounts, financial material presented to the Board, financial reporting requirements and some understanding of corporate finance;
- Experience in managing areas of major risk to the organisation;
- Broad knowledge of Federal and State legislative requirements and how this relates to a not for profit business.
Macarthur Diversity Services Initiative Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to replicate this on its Board.
Prior to appointment, mandatory Police checks are required to be undertaken.
How to Apply
A Board of Directors Expression of Interest Pack and Application Form are available for download.
Alternatively, please contact MDSI on (02) 4627 1188 and ask for an application package to be sent to you. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org