Work With Us
Please see current available employment opportunities at MDSI below.
Fixed Term Contract
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate Recruitment specialist to step into this newly created role and join our growing Disability Employment Services Program.
Have you worked in a call centre - telemarketing role, account management role, sales role or in recruitment, and now want a role closer to home where you can utilise, maintain and sharpen up your industry experience and life skills and also achieve a great work/ family life balance? If so, then look no further! We have an exciting opportunity for a Recruitment specialist to join our growing Disability Employment Services program.
- Part-time (3 days per week)
- 12 month fixed term contract with potential for permanency for the right person
- Very generous salary packaging entitlements
- Based in Campbelltown
Focus Connect (formally known as Macarthur Diversity Services Initiative Ltd) is a registered, not-for-profit charity that offers practical help and support services to the disadvantaged and marginalised. Focus Connect seeks to ensure that our organisation and our services are relevant and accessible. Based on an integrated service delivery system Focus Connect's programs are specifically tailored through five broad service areas: children, youth, family, aged and disability.
Everyone has their own story. We celebrate and value the different experiences, culture and language of each person in our community. Our strength comes from when we create meaningful connections, encourage engagement and support individuals to live their best lives so they can keep contributing to the community around us. At our core is a focus on getting people the support they need, when they need it. Our tailored services are for individual requirements, with a focus on supporting families, parents, youth, people living with a disability, the aged, and carers.
We focus on you, so you can focus on what matters.
About the Role
The role of the Disability Employment Services (DES) Recruiter with FOCUS Connect's Disability Employment Service (DES) is to build relationships with employers and local industry in order to gain and maintain meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities for people with a disability, illness or injury. The role will work in partnership with the DES Consultant at FOCUS Connect's Head Office - Campbelltown through various business development activities ranging from cold calls, warm calls, appointment setting, research, social media posts and ads.
The efforts of your networking will result in people with a disability being able to obtain sustainable and meaningful long term employment which in turn will contribute to their economic self-determination and allow them to fully participate in their local community.
Your day will involve utilising your networking and marketing skills to reach out to prospective employers via cold calling, email and site visits. You will provide Post Placement Support to our DES clients who have been placed into paid roles to achieve their targeted outcomes. You will assist clients who are struggling to keep and maintain their employment. Develop and action effective strategies to effectively canvass and reverse market DES job seekers to employers for suitable job opportunities in line with individual needs. Maintain case records and progress reporting in accordance with Departmental guidelines and FOCUS Connects procedures - DES Consortium guidelines.
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships with clients, peers, employers and relevant other key stakeholders towards gaining and maintaining sustainable employment opportunities.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated high level professionalism, compliance and attention to detail.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and workloads effectively to meet targets and business priorities in a challenging environment.
- A current driver’s licence.
- Proficient in Excel, Publisher and Word.
- Awareness of the disability field and barriers to employment experienced by people with disabilities, injury and health conditions.
How to Apply
For more information about this role and a copy of the Position Description contact Joan Obuchowski on 02 4627 1188 or email email@example.com
Focus Connect (MDSI T/A) is a not-for-profit charity that offers practical help and support services to people who people who are disadvantaged and marginalised. Focus Connect seeks to ensure that our organisation and our services are relevant and accessible. Based on an integrated service delivery system Focus Connect's programs are specifically tailored through three service areas: Aged, Community and Disability.
Focus Connect is recruiting Disability Support Workers for its NDIS disability services in community access, in-home supports and Short Term Accommodation. You will be involved in a growing quality service that provides NDIS support services to people with a disability in the Macarthur and South West Sydney region.
We are seeking experienced disability support workers who have qualifications in disability services and/or experience as a Carer of a person with a disability.
Please note: Our Disability Services are delivered on a 24/7 roster model which includes sleepovers, weekend and public holiday shift. These positions are for Casual on-call appointments to provide in-home domestic assistance, personal care and supporting community access or in a short term accommodation setting.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record and Working with Children Check.
Focus Connect is looking for people who are passionate about delivering person centred services; who are open to new ways of thinking; who value genuine, long-lasting relationships; and who are flexible, courageous, and believe in opportunity for all.
You will have opportunities to learn and evolve as part of a growing and vibrant organisation.
- Experience working with complex and challenging behaviours including restrictive practice participants.
- Certificate III in Community Welfare, or similar, or willingness to complete this within first 2 years of employment.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate.
- Current unrestricted Driver Licence and access to a reliable fully insured vehicle.
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with a disability.
- The ability to develop a positive relationships with service participants and to support their Individual Personal Goals.
- Good communication skills, including ability to build rapport, effective listening and empathy.
- The ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Demonstrated reliability, flexibility and a positive attitude.
- Understanding and commitment to the importance of multicultural in the context of our Australian society.
- Bicultural background and fluency in a language other than English.
How to Apply
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org