Making a complaint
MDSI is committed to providing the best possible service but we know things don’t always go the way they should. When this happens we want you to tell us. In our "Making a Complaint" brochure (see below) you will find information about how to make a complaint, including what you can do if you are not satisfied with the way we handle your complaint.
You can make a complaint yourself or your partner, family member, friend, carer or anyone else you chose can make and manage a complaint on your behalf.
How we deal with a complaint
We will contact you within 5 days of receiving your complaint. The investigation of your complaint may take some time but we will endeavour to have it resolved within 25 days and we will keep you informed of the progress of your complaint. Once our investigation is complete you will be contacted about our findings and you will have the opportunity to comment and provide feedback.
Important things to remember
- It is okay to make a complaint. We view all feedback, including complaints, as a positive opportunity to improve the quality of our services and the way we do things.
- We will deal with your complaint in an ethical, timely and transparent way.
- There will be no repercussions as a result of making a compliant. You will not be disadvantaged, treated any differently, or lose access to the services we provide you.
- All complaints are treated confidentially. Only staff who need to know, and assist to help find a resolution, will be involved.
- If you are not happy with the way we handled your compliant, or you wish to appeal the outcome of your complaint, you can ask for the decision to be reviewed by our CEO. You are also able to contact any of the agencies listed below.
- You are encouraged to make a compliant at any time during your time as an MDSI participant or after leaving the service.
- If you have any suggestions for improvement of the MDSI complaint process, please feel free to tell your ideas here.
HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT
There are several different ways you can make a complaint.
- Contact us in person at Level 3, 171 - 179 Queen Street, Campbelltown
- Call us on (02) 4627 1188
- Complete the online feedback form
- Complete the Making a Complaint brochure (copy below)
- Send us a letter to P O Box 525, Campbelltown, NSW, 2560
- Send us an email at email@example.com
- Send us a fax on (02) 4628 6068
Note - The translate button on our website will change to language to your preferred one. You can also submit all written complaints in your preferred language.
Who you can contact if you are not satisfied with the way your complaint was handled?
If you are not happy with the way we handled your complaint, or you wish to appeal the outcome of your complaint, you can ask for the decision to be reviewed by our Executive Officer. You are also able to contact any of the agencies listed on the Making a Complaint brochure, or the It's Okay to Complain flyer below.