FOCUS Connect is a registered, not-for-profit charity that offers practical help and support services to the disadvantaged and marginalised. FOCUS Connect seeks to ensure that our organisation and our services are relevant and accessible. Based on an integrated service delivery system Focus Connect's programs are specifically tailored through five broad service areas: children, youth, family, aged and disability.
Focus Connect philosophy
Everyone has their own story. We celebrate and value the different experiences, culture and language of each person in our community. Our strength comes from when we create meaningful connections, encourage engagement and support individuals to live their best lives so they can keep contributing to the community around us. At our core is a focus on getting people the support they need, when they need it. Our tailored services are for individual requirements, with a focus on supporting families, parents, youth, people living with a disability, the aged, and carers.
We focus on you, so you can focus on what matters.
- We communicate openly and honestly and mean and do what we say.
- We create a culture of trust and integrity without fear.
- We are respectful of each other.
- We are willing to learn, being flexible, adaptable and open to change.
- We are open to new ideas and practices through team collaboration, feedback and training for workers and management in compliance and new techniques.
- We consult with our communities to build resilience to create a better future
- We are open and willing to create and foster new partnerships.
- We advocate with assertiveness.
- We support ideas and innovation incorporating leaps of faith and calculated risks.
- We support whole communities by providing an inclusive, diverse quality service.
- We look for connections through teamwork and collaborative practice.
- We cater to the changing needs of the community.
- We do not make judgements or base our opinions on stereotypes but work on goals.
FOCUS Connect is committed to a continuous improvement quality culture to achieve its strategic vision and mission of building the capacity and capability of individuals, families and communities through the provision of an integrated range of services and programs that meet or exceed customer expectations and requirements.
The objectives of the FOCUS Connect quality culture are:
- Employees, Management and Directors are engaged in renewing service and business practice using the quality improvement cycle - a disciplined process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Customer satisfaction is achieved by delivering customer-centred, efficient and effective services.
- The achievement of recognized standards.
- Compliance with legislative and funding requirements.
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Statement
FOCUS Connect acknowledges and supports the Reconciliation Statement to respect, promote equity and justice, and value the cultural heritage of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people. We actively seek opportunities to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people through programs and partnerships to make a positive difference in the lives of children, young people, families and communities in South Western Sydney.
FOCUS Connect also encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander participation through a program of employment and career development opportunities within our workplace, including:
- Encouraging applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders as job seekers where possible
- Seeking targeted funding to provide opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander training, work experience and employment to develop individual and community capacity