ParentsNext is an Australian Government initiative to help parents prepare for employment by the time their youngest child reaches school age.
Becoming a parent often means more time is spent in caring for children and less time in the paid workforce.
ParentsNext staff work with parents to identify goals and develop skills so that they can enter the workforce.
How ParentsNext can help
Our professionals will help to:
- identify education, training and employment goals
- choose activities to help reach those goals
- identify barriers to achieving goals
- create a Participation Plan to set out goals and activities
- meet any participation requirements
Depending on participants needs, they can also:
- make connections to education, training and employment services
- provide training to boost job readiness
- make links with local services to address personal, parenting, child care or family needs
- organise groups to meet other parents taking part in ParentsNext
- assess job readiness using tools such as Work Star and the Job Seeker Classification Instrument