Generalist Case Worker
The Generalist Case Worker addresses the needs of communities and individuals from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds towards improved safety, health, education and social life with:
- Goal oriented Case Work
- Information on government and non-government services
- Facilitate access to mainstream services
- Advocacy and referrals
- Information on local resources and facilities
- Information regarding rights, entitlements, responsibilities and complaint procedures
- Help with enrolling in school and English Language Courses
- Help with recognition of overseas qualifications
- Help obtaining legal advice and assistance
- Social and educational groups
This service is for permanent residents who have arrived in the last five years as humanitarian entrants or family stream migrants.
Funded by the Department of Social Services under the Families and Communities Program (Settlement Services).