Our Purpose, Vision & Values
MDSI is a registered, not-for-profit charity that offers practical help and support services to the disadvantaged and marginalised. MDSI seeks to ensure that our organisation and our services are relevant and accessible. Based on an integrated service delivery system MDSI’s programs are specifically tailored through five broad service areas: children, youth, family, aged and disability.
In collaboration with our clients we resolve to build capacity of people from all cultures to improve their quality of life and participation in the community.
We aspire to a world where people matter, communities are connected, and everyone is accepted.
DIVERSITY: We embrace our differences and promote inclusion in everything we do.
COMMUNITY: MDSI builds stronger communities by encouraging harmony, peace and justice in our society. We collaborate with multiple stakeholders to achieve positive change.
STRENGTH: MDSI supports the development of people’s skills to further their potential. We work in new and innovative ways to better engage individuals and communities.
EXCELLENCE: We provide excellent, competitive services to our clients at fair and equitable rates which support MDSI to be sustainable and to grow to achieve our purpose, vision and values.
MDSI is committed to a continuous improvement quality culture to achieve its strategic vision and mission of building the capacity and capability of individuals, families and communities through the provision of an integrated range of services and programs that meet or exceed customer expectations and requirements.
The objectives of the MDSI quality culture are:
- Employees, Management and Directors are engaged in renewing service and business practice using the quality improvement cycle - a disciplined process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Customer satisfaction is achieved by delivering customer-centred, efficient and effective services.
- The achievement of recognized accreditation standards.
- Compliance with legislative and funding requirements.
To achieve these objectives MDSI will maintain an infrastructure to support effective and efficient communication processes and knowledge management.
MDSI management will provide strong leadership and clear direction for the quality management system by reviewing the system at least annually in accordance with the Quality Management Review Policies and engage SAI Global to undertake its external auditing and associated accreditions.
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Statement
MDSI acknowledges and supports the Reconciliation Statement to respect, promote equity and justice, and value the cultural heritage of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people. We actively seek opportunities to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people through programs and partnerships to make a positive difference in the lives of children, young people, families and communities in South Western Sydney.
MDSI also encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander participation through a program of employment and career development opportunities within our workplace, including:
- Encouraging applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders as job seekers where possible
- Seeking targeted funding to provide opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander training, work experience and employment to develop individual and community capacity