Our Purpose & Values
MDSI believes in a world where people matter, communities are connected and everyone is accepted.
We believe this is possible through education and participation of community members using our diverse cultural expertise.
All About the People
We ensure we have professional and multi-skilled staff, volunteers and board members who deliver the highest service quality in empowering and creative ways.
Respect and Communication
We do this with respect, trust, open communication, collaboration and courage.
Loyalty to Values
We say no to projects and partnerships that do not follow these values.
Helping Members Thrive
We hold ourselves accountable to these values so MDSI and our community members can thrive.
MDSI is a registered, not-for-profit charity that offers practical help and support services to the disadvantaged and marginalised. MDSI seeks to ensure that our organisation and our services are relevant and accessible. Based on an integrated service delivery system MDSI’s programs are specifically tailored through five broad service areas: children, youth, family, aged and disability.
- Client focused
- Supports the development of people’s skills by furthering their potential
- Promotes the equitable distribution of resources and access to services
- Values and promotes recognition of diversity
- Embraces the values of community
- Delivers high quality services
Our mission is to assist disadvantaged and marginalised people by providing services that:
- Facilitate acceptance and inclusiveness
- Develop individual, family and community resilience
- Build enduring relationships
Priorities & Objectives
Our priorities are:
- Increase our capacity to support the community
- Ensure our long term viability
- Strengthen our partnerships with the community
- Improve organisational quality, accountability and governance
MDSI is committed to a continuous improvement quality culture to achieve its strategic vision and mission of building the capacity and capability of individuals, families and communities through the provision of an integrated range of services and programs that meet or exceed customer expectations and requirements.
MDSI believes that a quality culture will position it as the provider of choice in the Outer South Western Sydney region and help ensure compliance with legislation, contractual obligations, and service standards.
The objectives of the MDSI quality culture are:
- Staff, Management and Directors are engaged in renewing service and business practice using the quality improvement cycle- a disciplined process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Customer satisfaction is achieved by delivering customer-centred, efficient and effective services.
- The achievement of recognized accreditation standards.
- Compliance with legislative and funding requirements.
To achieve these objectives MDSI will maintain an infrastructure to support effective and efficient communication processes and knowledge management.
MDSI management will provide strong leadership and clear direction for the quality management system by reviewing the system at least annually in accordance with the Quality Management Review Policies and engage SAI Global to undertake its external auditing.
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Statement
MDSI acknowledges and supports the Reconciliation Statement to respect, promote equity and justice, and value the cultural heritage of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people. We actively seek opportunities to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people through programs and partnerships to make a positive difference in the lives of children, young people, families and communities in South Western Sydney.
MDSI also encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander participation through a program of employment and career development opportunities within our workplace, including:
- Encouraging applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders as job seekers where possible
- Seeking targeted funding to provide opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander training, work experience and employment to develop individual and community capacity